Its getting cramped in here

P

paris

well its getting near the 2 month mark for my 6 caudo eggs-she hasnt laid since, but i just moved her and the other male and female to a new tank (gave their old tank to my blue green caudos) hopefully that may trigger something. these eggs are odd-not just cause they seem to take forever to hatch -but also the conditions in them-look at this embryo in here-its yolk is so big and the egg itself is small-the poor thing is folded in half-not curled in there like other eggs ive had, you can even see a large red vein running through the yolk-all are like this, sorry pics wont get better for a while-needed to spend x-mass money on rent, no new camera in the works yet-perhaps i can borrow a campus one soon though. these guys should hatch soon-they are at the stage that if you disturb the egg they will wiggle inside it in response.
28266.jpg

I had the same cramped look with Juraj's hongkongensis eggs (see my user pic) and also with some unidentified paramesotriton. I think that, and the long development time, are because they hatch much more developed that other genera, with front legs etc.
Chris

(Message edited by froggy on December 28, 2004)

dunno-your guy looks comfortably curled in there-mine actually has a fold in it-check it out, head and tail are at the bottom of the photo-the yolk area is folded about 1/2 the width of the body, im just wondering if this will effect how the organs form.im hoping she will lay again and that these arent that hard to raise.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back