Blood in tail fin

J

jay

can someone direct me to a thread about blood in the tail fin. My axie madison has blood in his tail fin and blood just started appearing on his back right foot. So can anyone direct me to a thread or give me advice on how to treat this. At the moment he's in the fridge cause he was floating as well bet he done a big green poo yesterday which i cleaned out. I could have sworn i saw a thread about the blood in the tail fin somewhere

directions or advice would be great

thanx

what's your tank temperature and tankwater parameters? Just leave Madison in the fridge, s/he may be stressed due to temperature or other, but test your water for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate anyway. It's normal for one axie in tank to show symptoms/be off and others to look perfectly normal as they may be stronger.

(Message edited by kapo on March 25, 2007)

I already checked the parametres today and they're fine. I do have a problem with temperature. Usually its around 30 which really annoys me but for the last couple of days its been 25-26. You may be right Kapo, my other two are healthy. Thanks for the sites Kate, i will check them out now.

Sounds like hemorhagic septicemia.

If it was hemorhagic septicemia my other two axies world have been affected, but they are fine. Good thought though. Thanks. How do you treat blood in the clear part of the tail fin. Madison is still in the fridge. The blood on his back right foot is gone. it disappeared after two days in the fridge, but he is still in their.

Any thoughts?

I would treat with furan 2 by aquarium pharmeceuticals or cool and use salt baths.

Actually i think your right now Michael.Sory to have doughted you before. he seems to be dieing. I will start with the salt baths till i can buy some Furan 2. By the way what does Furan 2 do?

Can someone please reply. Can i use normal table salt until i get aquarium salt

Don't worry i checked the axoltol.org/health and it says i can. Michael will one of those Furan 2 capsules work in a 2 litre ice-cream bucket or does it have to be in at least 10 gallons, Cause my tank is pretty warm compared to the fridge and Madison is in a 2L ice-cream bucket cause its all i have and all that will fit in the fridge.

sorry Jay, daughter's birthday today so busy with visitors all day/evening- so having a much needed break/surf here since everyone's finally gone home!

Yes, I've used uniodised table salt and sea salt when i don't have the aquarium/tonic salt too, also on axolotl.org site advice!
:D

just figure out the volume and dose accordingly. I think 1 capsule treats 10 gallons. Just use a portion of the capsule.

Don't worry. Madison died today while i was at school. What ever it was i got him. I knew he was dieing but i wanted to try to make him last for as long as possible. I had him for a month today and this is when he died. Thanks for the help. (sigh)

R.I.P Madison

Very sorry about Madison Jay. I'm afraid our Oopa may not last much longer either.

Thanks. I hope OOPA goes well. I saw the pics and i've never seen anything like it. Poor madison died slowly which makes me mad.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back