Big Gash

A

adam

Oh well here we go again!

Got back from a weekend away and steve has had an accident. he's got a large deep cut on his belly that looks a bit of a mess and it looks as if it is a little infected.

Recently steve has had a couple of panics, bolting around really fast and just going mental. sometimes i have set him off by moving a bit quick whilst cleaning him up and sometimes he just does it all of a sudden.

it looks like hes had a panic and caught himself on a bit of his log.

what do i need to do to help him? i've started salt baths twice daily, and hes in his temporary tub in the kitchen where it is a bit cooler (9deg).

any other suggestions?

No, just continue saltbaths as you're doing. Do you test your water regularly, just in case its something in the water, or does he often take fright?

I would remove the log,if he's done it once he can do it again,personally I would just lower water temp for him to heal,salt on wounds as you know stings!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back