Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

VERY URGENT

D

daniel

my axi brutus is around 9 cm, and is very healthy, wells thats what i thought...he is always floating on the top of the water everymorning seeming as if hes dead, then when i turnt he filter on for the day he swims back down but his back legs and tail are like being pulled to the surface so he is rear is floating but he is trying to anchor himself with his arms...now this is my main concern: on his right side from the top view, he has a lump. he doesnt look eaven to his other side. Im no Axolotl anatomy expert but this bump is on the opposite side from the purple organ" he is albino" i need serious help quick because i dont want him to die, i want to know what this bump is and how to get rid of it,. i posted something like this but they said he might have bumped into a rock or some object which is not the case. I have been feeding him newt and salamander bites and frozen brine shrimp. Please help!

heihei

Reaction score
are you able to post a photo to show the bump?

Also, have you tested your water at all? But the bum rising float does sound like he could need a poo. You could put him in a container of dechlorinated water, pop him in the fridge, or just keep separate from tank for a few days, and make sure the water is just high enough to cover him so he doesn't float.

If you pop him in the fridge, put an extra bottle in of dechlorinated water so you do daily 100% waterchanges.

The coolness of the fridge may very well help his poo to come out faster and destress him, from floating.

simon

Reaction score
help need advice my vernon isnt good just behind his back legs it looks like a cist a boil ???????????????????????????but wot ever it is is it normal help thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

simon

Reaction score
hello jen just looked at ur photo and it is the same as wot my vernon has!i was just a bit worried as he is part of the family but if it is normal then all is good!thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s im not that good with computers so many apoligies if i confused you!thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!