Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

What type of salt for bathing?

A

adam

Got in from the pub last night and noticed that steve has some fungus growing on his gill. i've read the thread below and found it very helpful. But i don't know what type of salt to use.
Some people have mentioned Aquarium salt? i went and bought some "Interpet aqua tonic salt". This is what the guys in the aquarium shop recommended. is this ok?
If so how much per litre should i use?
Please help!! i don't want it to spread.

heihei

Reaction score
I've got tonic salt for bathing my babies when they get fungus, but can't remember brand name as i emptied it into a plastic container weeks ago and tossed bag - should be ok.

You use 2-3 teaspoons of salt per litre of dechlorinated water, for 10-15 minutes maximum, twice daily

S

sara

I had the same happen just recently, it should work a treat as long as the temp is low, I had my male one treated within a week without even the loss of a feather from his gill.
Good luck!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!