Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Ill axie help needed

M

matthew

hi everyone

I have had my axie in the fridge for a week now we thought he had eaten a stone from the tank as he had not had any food for 3 weeks and was very stressed. I changed his water today and there were a few very small stones in the container and some green mucus is this a good thing or not quite worried about the green stuff does anyone have any ideas?

M

matthew

hi karrie

tried him on some bloodworm last night but was not interested so no maybe i should of left it in there for a bit

K

karrie

Maybe leave him out for bit to warm up a little before you try to feed him. Other people have said that they slow down eating when they get cold. Are they frozen or live blood worms? If there frozen try a turkey baster or a big eye dropper drop a few in front he might like food that moves, or some other type of food like brine shrimp.

M

matthew

Hi

There frozen blood worms but he want eat earthworms as well is there anything other than these that i can try?

heihei

Reaction score
you could try strips of raw meat, cut the fat off and wiggle it in front of him (as thin as worms and about an inch long).

If your fridge temperature is below 9 degrees celcius he probably won't eat but you could try letting his container warm up and try and feed him before the waterchange.

Other thing you could do is rather than put him back in the fridge is to keep him in the container doing the daily waterchanges and see if he improves over the next few days. My sister does this with her axies after having them in the fridge for fortnight or so, she takes them out of the fridge but keeps them in their containers changing daily until they start feeding/improving; then she returns them to their tank.

D

deb

I use mainly beef (any kind of casserole steak with fat removed). They eat such a small amount of it you could slice off a nice piece of sirloin steak! Slithers of liver or heart are ok for occasional variation.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!