Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Cuttet

S

sabrina

Hi, I just noticed that my Mrs. Hyde is having a small cut in her tail. It's not complete through but its a little bit bleeding. I suppose he cut herself somewhere on a deco in the aquarium. What do I need to do now ? She's looking find for the rest, walking around, eating etc....

S

sabrina

Here's a pic from Mrs. Hyde tail.....
I already installed my second small aquarium, in case if you are telling me that I need to get her out for healing her, waiting for your help and advice ? Thanks
74545.jpg

K

karrie

Mine had a cut like that. I left it alone. It healed on it's own. I've heard of some people putting aloe or some kind of stress coat in the water. I don't know what kind . If Mrs. Hyde is eating and acting fine I think it will heal on it own. But having the second tank ready to go is a good idea.

A

amber

That's a nice slice...
I would recommend a drop of aloe oil, well mixed into the water. Make sure it's PURE oil, not essential.
However, I know a lot of keepers don't agree with using aloe, so use at your own discretion.
I've had a lot of success stories with it personally, and use it whenever one of my pets gets hurt.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1