Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Sepsis or bad bad fungus ???????

N

natashja

one of my new little rescuees have devlopede what looks like a bad rash with funguson it but im am scarede that it is far worse than that please look at the pictures and put in your two cents .
74339.jpg

74340.jpg

here are a picture from monday when i brought them home.
74341.jpg

she is just over 10cm/4inc long and i have had her for 3 days in a isolation in a 6 liter tub with daily water changes, i put her in the fridge today after finding her like that and i have given her a saltbath half dose 10 min, right before she went to the fridge

E

edward

Hi Natashja,

It is hard to tell from pictures if there is a sepsis in an animal but fungal infections can be secondary to bacterial infections.
You should consult with a vet to see if it also needs an antibiotic treatment. Until you talk to a vet, you may want to move it to a refrigerator and continue with the salt baths...

Ed

N

natashja

hi ed thanks for your reply sadly it is to late for her when i got up this morning and went to tjek up on her in the fridge she was lying on her side with her little mouth open. and i think she passed on earlier this morning.
in any case im keeping her in the fridge for another 24 hours just in case she is just in a coma.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1