White Worms

J

jasper

Hello,

Need help here ~

I've had my axolotl for over 4 months now and she's been fine and everything ~

Recently, I've noticed white worms in her tank but they have not caused her any harm ~

I've been observing the white worms and it seems they stik the the glass of the tank and they multiply when they meet up with each other ~

Any suggestions to what it is ~ I've ordered a new tank for her recently (the old one is getting too small) but that won't be coming in until another month so there's no other tank I can transfer her to atm ~

Help please >_< ~

Jaspie ~

I've read this before ~

I've been doing water changes nearly everyday now but they are still there ~

The petshop told me to add rock salt and recommended tetracycline hydrocloride tablets and it has worked a little bit ~

I'm getting worried cause I'm not sure if it will affect Y Jhu (my axie's name) or not ~

Jaspie

Daily water changes will help deal with the issue but it will take time as the numbers won't decrease until they begin to starve. Treating your tank with tetracycline can cause it to recycle and start the problem all over again.

Ed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back