Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Deform axie please help

N

natashja

my little axie shyla is deforme in the body and i am beginning to wonder if she is just really really blocked.
her rib cage and abdomen is bloated and looks as if it belongs on a bigger axie.
she dosnt grow either ive had her for two month now and she is a full 2 inch shorter than her siblings. help me please

L

lorie

Eek this sounds like what my axie died from. It could be a bactirial infection in her belly. You have to take her to the vets and get some antibiotics.

N

natashja

sorry to hear about your axie, ive just found out that there is one vet who lives 200km away who might know about axies, and ill try calling him tomorrow.
thanks lorie

N

natashja

ooooh dammm
cry.gif
i really dont want to lose my little angel, are there any reports of axies regenerating themselves ????.

sadly i know for a fact that she sufered severe heat stress before she came to me. so i will try to find a vet who can do a test and tell me if is a bacterial and can be curede, otherwise i will give her a good life for as long as she has no paine.

(Message edited by tashja2000 on October 19, 2006)

M

mariana

hope she feels better im new also so i cant help there :-/

N

natashja

cry.gif
shyla passede away today. her tiny body just couldnt fight anymore, she had begun to develop fungus, we were trying to give her saltbaths but.....
sad.gif

angel.gif
now shyla is up in the greate axie lake in the sky,with all the soft plants were she is playing with all the other little axies, and hunting shrimps and slow fish.

G

glen

Oh no! I am so so sorry to hear that... I hope that you are ok... At least little Shyla is at peace now...
happy.gif

A

amber

Lots of clouds to chew on up there - maybe she can be a new freind for my Ari?

You did your best, and she'd have been very happy with the love you lavished upon her
happy.gif

N

natashja

thank you both
you are right glen shyla is definetly in a better place now, but i still miss her.
and amber im sure that shyla and ari are chasing clouds and stars together.

as a old petshop owner once told my mother
when you buy a pet you buy a world of love and good memories, and one big sorrow.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1