Gills

K

karrie

I just gave cracker some blood worms . He ate them to fast and some of them are hanging out of his gills. Should I try to pull them out or try and help him another way. Or just leave them?

They'll come out normally. Mine did this with a large earthworm once, and he grabbed the end coming out of his gills, so it looked like he had a large earthworm piercing. It was cool.

Ok thanks it looks really goofy I thought he had a hole in his head or some thing.

Technically he does. Behind the gills is a large opening. This is similar to structure to fish gills.

I always have bloodworms coming out from behind my axies gills, and occasionally the nose. Same happened to mine as Joan's, but this time the piercing was through the nose lol!

*is laughing*
Yea, Spyyk glomps down on a cube too fast and ends up with "gillwigglers".
The best bit is when the shrimp get brave enough to come pull them out, and scoff them themselves...

Can't say I've ever seen them come out her nose yet though lol!

Iam glad that mine is not the only one. I did the shrimp thing he ate them all the first night . Hes a pig!

My axie got an otocinclus through her gills half a year ago, and her gill/cheak on that side is still swollen...
sick.gif

going through the nose sounds wierd. I hope he didn't get snot on it. lol
lol.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back