Now rap and buttercup r sick

S

sarah

i cant beleve whats happening.
i woke up to find rap and buttercup both on their sides, gills have shrunk, bloated, and slighly moving! they were both in seperate tanks now they r in the fridge, in seperate containers.
i cant understand what happend, but i think maybe it was the worms cos i found them in the mulch from the same spot.
ive been crying for the past 3 hours..i cant believe this is happening.

I'm so sorry you've had such a rough time lately with your axies - it's hard when everything you try doesn't seem to help. I can't offer much in the way of help I just wanted you to know someone's thinking about you. Hopefully, when the Northern Hemisphere wakes up you'll have some wonderful suggestions from the forum members.

Separation and refrigeration seems to be your best bet at the moment doesn't it? And hopefully they have both just got sore tummies from some strong tasting worms!

All the best.

their tummys have come down in size..thank goodness.
however, they are still leaning on their sides, and not moving much.
i found out mum had put fertlizer for the plants, and forgot to tell me.

rap is going well he looks up and 'smiles' at me when i open up the car fridge to check on him.
However buttercup has developed fungi, i dont know how cos they r in cold water (5deg).
so i started saltbaths with her and ill see how she goes.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back