Bump on leg?

L

leanne

I noticed this morning that Sideshow Bob, my male axie, has a bump on his leg----it's the same color as the rest of him, and he is eating and acting normally, could it just be a new "development" like a wart or something? Thanks for any advice you guys might have!
56290.jpg

It does not seem to be nothing , but keep an eye on it, and let us know on the development of things.

It may be the bud for a new finger or limb. My axie had a bump like that which then became a finger which then flatted out. Now it has become a tiny hand. I researched about it and apparently it can often happen and the result is called a supernumerary limb. Hope this helps.

My El Guapo has the same thing - a lump on his leg. I only noticed it today (how's that for observant?). So, it's kind of normal, hey?

My brocky has the same thing, only bigger and on his back leg. Its been there for ages, and the little guy is doing fine, full of life.

I rang this vet (I think his surname is greenwood) and he said that it sounded like a fluid filled abscess or something, not much to worry about, but to ring him back if it changed color or grew much bigger, or if it seemed to be hurting him or effecting his normal behaviour. Brocky, however, remains fine. Id say if your worried, check with a vet, but it looks like the same thing, only brock's is bigger. unless it changes your pet then just keep an eye on it.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back