My axie dead? no way or is it?

E

elliot

hi everyone i need some help with me axie, speedy, well one obvious thing he doesnt speed or zoom about now, he just sits or rather lay there like a dead thing with its whole body floped to the sand/gravel things, im worried hes/shes refusing to feed and even if i temp him/her with a earth his doesnt snap for it any more he just open his mouth slightly, it seems like hes turning into a old person, hes last then 1 years old!!

can someone tell me wots wrong and how can i do

Has he moved at all since your post? What is your tank temp and what are your water parameters - ammonia, nitrite, nitrate?

err... he hasnt moved alot, he moves when i poke him but not else and the temp is between 18-20 randomises and i dont want to do water test since i might change water just incase

You should do a water test to check your parameters! Sorry, when you touched your axie did he swim or move his legs a little bit or did his body just move like something sluggish being pushed out the way? And are you able to post a pic?

(Message edited by kapo on September 25, 2006)

err... more like sluging if i like grab it then it swims away but other than that hes just lays on the floor hes not even chasing the other fish its like hes virtually dead and no i cant post a pic but imagine a healthy axies 2 days havent seen him then he is like this.

Other fish? How long have the fish been in the tank with him, they may have passed something on to him? And did you check your parameters?

** Well, if he is swimming away from you at least you know he's not dead!

(Message edited by kapo on September 25, 2006)

o those are baby guppys, my dad breeds them and i use them for food, idont think they have, its been there before my axie. many people are saying its maturing, is this right?

Probably maturing but if you ever think there's a problem and haven't tested the water, that is really the first thing you should do to see if water quality is a poss. prob other than the heat. Ours are now 11+ months are really, and you hardly see them swim around, but know they've changed postion, unless they are hungry. Occasionally will hear them (we cover the tanks that are in the lounge) and if you open the cover, one will be leaning against glass, standing on couple of tankmates and one of the tankmates is trying to get out from under him.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back