Something wrong with gills or just paranoia?!

R

rickard

Hi! Im just wondering if there is something wrong with his gills!? They aren´t "bushy" at all and from time to time they look very pale..

69213.jpg

Mine are exactly like that! Has your axie been going up for air a lot recently? If that's the case then I reckon it's because it's using it's gills less. I think we need to oxygenate the tank more using airstones etc. to stop them needing to go up so much...

My thank is right in front of me when I sit in front of the computer, and iv´e been sitting here all day long so i can watch every movement that V does :) I think he has been up for air for aprox 5 times today. Hmm, maybe so.. I shall try and see if there is any difference in one week from now :)

I dont think there is ne thing wrong with V's gills. I think when the gills are very bushy it means there isnt much oxygen and when they arent very bushy it means that there is lots of oxygen. Or is it the other way around? Either way, 5 times in a day isnt an unusual ammount for an axie to go up for air.

It´s true what you say. But today hi´s been up for air like 50 times. :S Crazy..

All axies have diferent shaped and sized gills so there's probebly nothing wrong

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back