Arrh~!! are those spots or spots?

E

elliot

er... as many may no im a complete newbie when it comes to axies, and i m in need of some help i have a so called olive (by the shop keeper)wild type. i notice there are green spots on the thing that forms a parallel line on both side of me axie, it could be just me being paranoid but it doesnt hurt to ask for help, there are perfect green spots runing down my axies body right above the rib like things, and stops near the start of the tail, n thats on both sides, so i dont no if theres a problem or not, there are a few in the odd place and it doesnt seem to bother him or her (dont no how to sex it) and by the way, does the axies have a same colour gill feathers? cause theres are those green spots again on the top 2 gills, and they are the same both sides, im getting worried is those spots alge, or is it just me. i have to admit i think the currents a little strong but doesnt that stop alge growing, i mean aveing a strong flow of water, my axie does have place to hide from the current tho also theres something pretty weird i have green gravel, green plants, green bucket for hide, and even a green filter, its all a coincidence so is it me or am i seeing green?

No that is the colour of the axie. Depending on size and age, your axie colour may darken/change. One of ours was an olive colour with yellowish and greeny spots too, but is now dark brown on top half of its body, with a light gray colour over the bottom half and underneath it!

The gill stubs may have the odd spot or 2 (also poss. colouration) but as they get older they may darken (our wildtypes gill stubs are very dark now whereas before just olive/brown and the feathery gills are now a very dark burgundy colour).

My leucy's gill stubs have got darker as well as his freckles.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back