Help wont eat and is floating.

K

kelly

The one that is floating has, i would say, trapped air, chances are it will resolve itself so don't worry. What are you feeding? they might at that age still like to see their food wiggling around, like live blood worm, or try dropping a piece of food directly onto its snout they normally can't resist making a grab for it.

i don't know why they are not eatiing, but one of mine was floating to and it resolved it's self he joust had trapd wind.

I looked at your photos and one of them has really curled gills. Do you have a powerful filter in there? That could be stressing them

it looks like you are using an under gravel filter if so split the pipe and fit an extra air stone in the water (mind you it also looked like you've got a thermostat as well if so remove it as axie's like it coool!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back