Can anyone help me please

J

jason

Today i was trying to get my axies to eat but they wont so i sat at their tank watching them and i think we have some unwanted quests. There are these tiny little things on the glass of the tank they sort of look like a leech but really tiny are they bad? They seem to only be attatched to the glass at one point of their bobies front or back . Problem two one of my axies belly is massive he ate a worm last night about 2.5cm big i only have sand in my tank big rocks and a few plants. I tried to get some pics of his belly.

Do i need to put them into a different container ? what about a salt bath for them little bugs they wont catch them will they ? I did do another post the other day about this mucus stuff all over my plants but no one has commented yet ?Please help
errr.gif
67721.jpg

67722.jpg

67723.jpg

(Message edited by yabbie on July 14, 2006)

(Message edited by yabbie on July 14, 2006)

Its brown/white transparent stuff just like what come of worms but browner ? i dont know what to do and the another axies the pic has now got a little white dot of one of his gills. Why is this happening

Ok the little axies the one with the big belly is ok now he`s done loads of poos and hes back to normal now lol! But the white worms things i have been reading about putting salt into the tank ? would this be a good idea i dont mind getting rid of my plants would rather buy more and bleach them !

I didn't see your other post, but the mucous could be either a shed skin, or a regurgitated piece of food (if there is too much food, sometimes they'll half digest it, then throw up). Just remove it.

Glad that the fat belly problem resolved itself. You might want to cut the worms in pieces next time and/or feed less.

If you don't see any of the tiny white worms *ON* the axolotls, I wouldn't worry about it too much. You should do some extra cleaning and partial water changes, and they'll probably go away on their own. See:
http://www.caudata.org/cc/articles/Tank_critters.shtml

Yea i do cut the worm up into small pieces, unless i find any small worms. ok the white worms i shall keep my eye on them lol. i havent done any water changes to my tank since it was cycled about two weeks ago now. i think i might do like a 20% water change every week r is this too much ? as for the mucus stuff those plants are going brown now not doing to well in there i guess. Its in the water quality section thank you for your help
happy.gif

20% is fine, i do 30% on my axie tank. as long as you use dechlorinated water it will be sweet

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back