Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Err. insides outside

S

shane

hey i have a little axolotl that kinda has some of what looks like its insides ocmming out. i dont know what to do! i noticed it yesterday. it does seem like it isnt as bad. is there anything i can do?? it doesnt look too good.

C

clinton

Whoah! How old is it? As you probably know axies are see through when they're young. However this doesn't sound like the case here. Where abouts are it's insides coming out?

Mouth? :S

C

clinton

In fact, i really hope for your axies sake that it's not actually this
blush.gif

http://www.caudata.org/forum/messages/793/52172.html

J

joan

Definately sounds like a prolapse. This should be treated by a vet.

S

shane

yeah i think thats what it is. its only a small one, about 14cms, i rang the vet but i dont think they have a clue of what i was talking about or what to do. ahh! is there anything i can do. its horrible. the axoltol is perfectly happy, despite... the little problem. does anyone know what could have caused this?
thanks for your replies btw.

C

clinton

Possibly eating gravel from what i've heard, but there's probably alternative reasons?

Anybody?

E

edward

Also from hypocalcemia, parasitic worm loads, etc.

It needs to be attended to by a vet as the tissue that is outside of body can become necrotic killing the animal.

Ed

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    There are no messages in the chat. Be the first one to say Hi!