Stringy Fungus on baby axolot

L

lorie

I've got a 6month old axolotl. Shes only very little and i've noticed she has stingy fungus on her. I know the water's up to high because i cheaked it as soon as i saw the fungus. Now i've dont a salt bath with her but because her skin's so thin te usual treatment of 2tablespoons to 2pints salt bath hurt her and some skin came off. Any ideas in how else i can treat her fungus without harming her?

I think this stuff only apperd over night. I really dont think she had it yesterday.}

Lorie that was too strong. It shud be 2-3 teaspoons (not tablespoons) for 2 pints or 1 litre for 15minutes max. Can you get your tank temperature down, as fungus flourishes in warmer temperatures. Also, if you continue with saltbaths maybe do it for 10mins per time rather than 15mins.

yea, just use the solution kapo recomended and that fungus should be gone in no time. as for getting the tank temp down you might wanna try have a fan blowing over the water, this method helped me alot.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back