Poop

R

ricky

We have had Bilbo just over two weeks and he's been eating well and full of life but today he's been very still and not to happy.
Thinking back over the last few weeks I can say that I haven't noticed much poop, there was a poop in the tank about 5 days ago and it was about 5mm long and 2mm wide.
I now it sounds a bit stupid but how often do they poop and could Bilbo have a blockage.

Poo tends to disintegrate really quickly. It turns into 'poo dust', and doesn't look like a turd. lol.

If Bilbo's not floating, I wouldn't be thinking about blockages.

How big is he and how often do you feed him? Also, what is the tank temp?

He's about 4 inchs long and he's fed a small amount once a day, the temp is between 22Co and 24Co and thats with ice packs.

He's not floating or bloated

(Message edited by mooncat99 on June 19, 2006)

Did you cycle your tank prior to adding him to it? What are your water parameters for ammonia, nitrite and nitrate?

The tank was cycled and the parameters were tested last week and they were all 0ppm. I just checked the water again and it was not good, Ammonia was 0ppm, nitrit and nitrat are through the bloody roof
errr.gif
, I've just done a 50% water change and will keep an eye on the levels every day over the next week, Any ideas as to what could have cause this??.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back