Sick Axie...? Need advice and help!

D

dave

I have had my 2 axies Cloud and Yuna for about 5 months now with no problems. Just recently they got into a little fight and Yuna bit off the tip of the tail of Cloud. I figured it would be ok and would just grow back. The tip of his tail is now a speckled reddish color and speckled reddish spots have seemed to form on his legs in a few small places. Also his legs have bright red veins running through them and into the toes. His toes seem to be maybe deteriorating a bit and his back legs seem to be sticking straight out and stiff, he doesn't seem to want to put them down at all or use them very much to swim with. Is this possible redleg, bacterial infection, or something else? I need help urgently. I am really worried about him.

(Message approved by john)

Red leg is a bacterial disease and very hard to cure,a visit to a vet will be needed for some antibiotic treatment.In the meantime you should separate the two of them.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back