New axies with white spots ?

D

drew

hello i just recently got a few new axolotls an i have noticed white spots on their tail and on their mid body as well,. is this fungus or cld it be spots from being breed with a wild type just in yellow ones the spots cld be white ?
here are 2 pics , the spots that consern me are on the bottom of the tail ?
knowy
63059.jpg
63060.jpg

That's natural coloration. They look good.

I have 8 that, 4 in one tank that are smaller and 4 that are larger. most of them have the ends of their tail bitten off, or rounded around. It kinda bothered me but I realized they were nipping, at least thats what i think, it's starts as a small nip and then it gets bitten again and grows back and starts to round off, at least I think again,.. would anyone one know if this is the case ? the tiger looking brown one seems to be the nippiest" the wild color" ?
some float, after they eat for a day or so, and i just let them poo, and hope i get no enternal bugs. can you put any salt in with axies to help them get electrolites ?
any help would be great..
~ Knowy ~
64546.jpg
64547.jpg
64548.jpg
64549.jpg

Sorry I don't have answers for your recent questions, but I have a picture of my axie who was covered in the 'spots' you talk about.

Like Michael said, they are just natural colouring. Her 'glitter and shimmer spots'
happy.gif

64552.jpg

Hi Drew,
You should start a new thread if you have a new question to be answered. Maybe you should feed a little more. They shouldn't nip to much at that size. A little deionized salt in the water is fine. Axys do best in hard water. If your water is soft salt and minerals help a lot. They shouldn't bob after feeding. What are you giving them?

Hayley, nice set up for that little guy.. im planning on putting sand down sometime in the future. love the little cave you built w/plants around, he/she looks healthy .
I Didnt Know to Start A New Thread Or Not !!! I Will Next Time....
michael > you are always a great deal of help.. Im feeding them small trout chow type pellets. That is what it smells like to me, the guy i got them from said it was determined to be hearthier than other foods for them. he worked in a lab, only one was really floating, but it went away in 2 or 3 days.. Im kinda conserned that algea will rot their feet or deteriate their tails ? I read that that can happen, but im not sure what that would look like or if they are still a little nippy. I have seen one get anothers foot, It's healing so im thinking he got the tails also. you can see it in the first 2 pictures ~ would you be able to tell if the dark one is a melonoid black ? his eyes are different and he is blacker than the wild type,with blacker gills.. I was told he will get blacker as he ages ?
I live at the beach and the water is quite hard, like 8.5 but i didnt know if any aquarium salt would be good or not.. ill wait a few days and get some better pics of the tails and start a new thread.. thanks for all your help ~
drew

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back