Testy male strips female's skin off arm

M

meghan

The poor girl gets her arm maimed while she lays eggs. What a crank.Hopefully she'll heal fine without infection.
56309.jpg

It's a shame about her arm, but that's one fine looking axie you've got yourself there. She looks so healthy and happy!

Poor little thing!!!
You can still add some salt into her tank water, to help infection stay away..

Must be painful.
Poor darling! Hope she heals well!

happy.gif

Perhaps it's pay back for the time she ripped of a decent chunk of skin off his back last month.

mine are doing this too =( wat should i do...its so bad i can see bone! salt baths?

if they are doing it often you might need to look at seperating them, either with a divider or seperate tanks. is your tank big enough to house two and does it have hiding spots?

a weak salt bath might help a bit with healing but is often quite stressful, i would leave em be and keep their tank nice and cool and clean and see how they get on
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back