What to do when salt doesnt work

T

tiff

well i've been doing salt baths for 3 day now, no improvement, the axies condition is worsening, and now he wont eat AT ALL looking very thin and what was left of his gills is getting worse also, so what do i do now? i have melafix but dont know whether it is safe or not, someone please help............

im not too sure on the melafix hun - sorry.
Your bathing how many times a day? Are you using enough salt? Is the axie in the fridge, obviously apart from the bathing time?

Also, do you have an pics?

Is it just fungus? Skin peeling? Wat was the reason for the salt baths?? (sorry if youve already posted the reason in another thread).

Jojo has some good questions that need answering before we can give you any definate advice.

There is a list of safe axolotl medications here http://www.axolotl.org/health.htm However although melafix is on this list there has been much debate on this forum over its safeness to Axies.

I suggest you do a search on this forum for melafix and read what everyone has to say about it before you use it.

hope this helps

I'd try Furan 2 for a general cure all.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back