Red Leg! What The????

J

jacinda

smile3.gif
My pink axie has a bright red leg. He is not using it what is it? I have tried finding info on other threads but can't find anything. ,Please help

Is there any other tank mate that could have thought he was a snack? Or anything he could have run into/been trapped under?

maybe parasites? can u see anything unusual attatched to his leg?. also like joan said could of been another tank mate.

I had the same problem a few days ago. I borught him to the vet and they said to put a few drops of undiluted melafix on his leg while out of the water. It didn't work - so I tried melafix in the water, with no result. I brought him back and they amputated the leg for me and now he's fine.

he has 2 tank mates butthey have never hurt each other before now. the only thing i see is that the leg is swollen 2x the normal size from the joint down and there is a white ring of skin? around where the red meets the normal colour. wish i could post a photo but cant. if i do a salt bath what should i use how mush etc. and just so i know what does the fungus look like.

Mine also had the white ring of skin, right behind his leg. Might be best to try to melafix, or bring him to the vet

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back