HELP... another problem.

H

holly

hi. I've got another problem. a few weeks ago my black axolotl developed fungus so I separated it from the white one. I've tried what I can think of and what advice was given to me by pet shop owners and people in this forum (thanks to the people who gave me advice) including placing both axolotls in the fridge to de-stress them, salt baths to get rid of the fungus and testing the water, which I've tried my best to keep at tolerable levels. The black one was ok for a while after his fungus was gone and i placed him back in the tank with the other one. Except now both are extremely sick, both wedge themsleves under a rock to keep themselves down and when they do float to the top, both tip to the point where they are almost upside down. I think they both still have fungus but I can't see anything. the white one has a reddish tinge (darker than normal) on his skin. I don't think they'll live much longer, and I've tried everything I can think of. any advice on this one would be appreciated, I've run out of ideas

Our whites have reddish tails at the mom, due to hot weather and trying to keep tank temp down but thankfully no floating probs. Are you able to take them out of the tank and put them both in the fridge?

Holly,
put them both back in the fridge with enough dechlorinated water so their feet touch the floor while still covering them.
What was the actual temp of the tank?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back