Baby Axie with strange growth on its arm.

S

shane

Hey. ive been away for the last 3 days and when i got back i noticed on of my baby axies has some kind of strange growth on its arm. it wasnt there (as far as i can remember) when i left so it grew that big (pics next post) in only 4 days. im just worried it will grow bigger than it is now and that it might be something serious and that it might impar it when its older?
has anyone seen this kind of thing and know what i can do about it?
there is also another one who has one arm which wont move at all. ah so many things are still going wrong.
if anyone has any idea i appreciate it heaps!

here are the pics sorry. it doesnt look very nice.
53706.jpg

53707.jpg

It looks like a blister to me - like he bumped into something hard or had a nip from a tank mate and then it got a blister. Its fluid filled right? If so it'll probably go away in time but be careful it doesn't pop cause then it's an open wound and can cause infection leading to fungus.

i dont think people know what it is, thats why they didnt answer shane. it could just be a sore from bumping it or being bitten, not sure you can really do much but a few salt baths might be worth a shot?

hey thanks. sorry i was just a worried. it has gone down a little but its still a big bump on its arm and its not using it at all now. its just bent back along its body.
poor thing its one of the less fortunate babies ive got. its got one small eye and now this.
thanks heaps for your replies

you say its got a small eye? maybe its has genetic defects and weaker immune system, you do get them now and again?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back