Pics of sic axie

T

tiff

okay does his stomach look normal, it seems really bloated 2 me. and the white on him, is that his "normal" coloration or is it a fungus, and 3rdly look how tiny he is. you can judge from the size of the computer keys.......did they sell him 2 me to early? and that is food in the water, not poo, he still hasnt pooped.

53549.jpg

53550.jpg

(Message edited by jennewt on February 11, 2006)

Hi Tiff

His stomach does look really bloated but is it smaller since he threw up?
Also, lucky you have an albino, by the looks of his eyes.

*Maybe colouration, the white, but sure someone else will be able to help in that area.
*His skin is still translucent on sides, but ours were like that (the leucs) when we got them. I only have white leucistics (with black eyes) and dark wildtypes. I don't know if he was sold too young, ours were between 5-7cm, now range from 12-15cm and have lost their tranluscent skin - more solid so don't see their insides anymore.

(Message edited by kapo on February 10, 2006)

(Message edited by kapo on February 10, 2006)

Actually was he that bloated when you got him from the petshop, yeah and was he on gravel there too?

yes he was on gravel when i got him, but he looks much much better since he threw up. i thought he'd never quit! poor guy. i took him out of the fridge and let him warm to room temp, thats when he started throwning up. now i have him back in his tank, he seems to be doing ok, now my only concern is if he is supposed to have white throughout him, or if that is is natural color. i am looking for a breeder in the us, as i'm wanting a tankmate for him, so if anyone knows of anyone please let me know, i found one but i don't know if they are reputable or not. ANY HELP IDENTIFYING COLORATION will be greatly appriciated thanks in advance.

Is he on gravel now?
I'd say it'd be best to keep him in the fridge until all his symptoms subside. depending on his tank temp of course....

It really does look bloated in the photo. It looks like there is clear fluid in the bloated part of its abdomen. Do you have another photo taken after the throwing up?

I wouldn't say that it was sold to you "too soon". He looks substantial enough to be shipped or transported OK. But I would worry about what care he got before he got to you. Was this from a pet shop?

he is on sand now, i can take him out of his tank and take another pic. his stomach REALLY went way down since he threw up. i will go get another pic now. anyone now about the white on him, is that normal?

don't know why i couldnt get a clear shot but here they are anyway
53585.jpg
53586.jpg
53587.jpg

He does look a lot better/smaller :D Not sure but maybe his colouring is still developing, our white ones were pinkish white with bits of white speckle but they change colour as they get older some developing grey or black freckles over their face and down back of their fin.

So he is going back to the tank, he does look a lot better, sides out abit so not sure if that is fluid as Jennifer mentioned or still food inside!. Does he have yellow colouring with white spots, sorry just what I can see from your pic. Looks sorta yellowy unless it is from flash of camera.

(Message edited by kapo on February 11, 2006)

if it is fluid what do i do for that? i think (not sure) it is his color he seems to be moving around a lot now, i suppose thats a good sign.
(i don't know why i couldnt get a decent pic 2night in part probably cuz he wouldn't hold still!!
happy.gif

he looks fine to me now, i wouldnt worry, however im wondering how he got that bloated in the first place? is he a little piggy lol? what type of food is the greeny/blue stuff? from that first pic it looks like he might be a golden albino, they get some funky white pigmentation on them, sorta shiny so thats nothing to worry about. good to hear hes better!!

wow he doe's look alot better.

As for the colour he looks alot like my golden albino (see my little pic), mine has grow a bit and the colour has got stronger, but they do change slightly as they grow.

good luck with him.

Sharn The bluey stuff is the sand from Tiff's tank! I know mine spat grey/black sand when they were in their containers. And yes he does look a whole lot better Tiff. And I wish we could get coloured sand here, like that. I also thought he might be golden albino, but wasn't too sure as never seen a baby/juvi golden b4!

the blueish green is a mixture of blue green sand
happy.gif
and he eats crickets, axie pellets i ordered from the university of kentucky, shrimp, and blood worms
lick.gif
nummy! anyway he still seems to be doing well, i am taking him out of his tank now to feed him, seems to be helping me control how much he gets......thanks everyone for your help, i was really scared for a minute.

Hi Tiff, your golden albino looks exactly like my youngest golden albino male. Did you gets your from Ward's Natural Science or a pet shop? Mine came from wards but was originally from the Colony before they moved to another state and had to sell their stock.

I hope his health continues to improve, you're doing a great job and I think that he couldn't ask for a better axolotl parent
happy.gif

happy.gif
thanks so much, this forum has been VERY helpful
what is wards national science center? (i'm wanting to get another one and kind find any 4 sale right now)......
i got him/her at a pet shop

I too have a golden albino and he has 'shiney' whitish/silver dots and splotches which seem to change from time to time - Mostly on his tail. I think it has something to do with their pigmentation, being albino and all.

Glad to hear your little guy is on the mend! We all love a happy ending
love.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back