How much of this salt

T

tiff

ok he has been in the fridge for about 10 and a half hours and i just bought doc wellfish's aquarium salt......how much do i use per PINT...it doesnt say

How many pints are in a litre? cause its about 2 teaspoons per litre

we really really need to have this NaCl solution posted on the board someplace

wrong or right i soaked him in a 1 heaping teaspoon for 2 pints which is 8 cups. i don't know. this whole salt thing is very vague.

That's too weak. 8 cups = 2L, so there should have been 4 level teaspoons

There are varying opinions on the amount of salt. They are generally between 1 and 3 teaspoons/liter, so I use 2.

I think I speak for Jen and others including me when I say that the basic salt bath composition needs to be placed on this site at the bottom someplace.

i agree with you jeff, thats a good idea
happy.gif

yeah i read ed's link. it might as well been in french, (thanks anyway ed) but i need it to be simple how much salt per pint?? that would be easiest for me to wrap my mind around

1 liter = 2.11337641 US pints so if you cut the amounts in the article roughly in half you have the dosage per pint.
If you need the conversion to gallons 1 US gallon = 8 US pints

Ed

(Message edited by Ed on February 10, 2006)

Actually, I added the "simple recipe" on that salt treatment page a couple of weeks ago. It's in the addendum at the end of the article, in fairly plain English. It says:

"about 10 minutes once or twice a day... 2-3 teaspoons non-iodized table salt per litre/quart"
A liter and quart are about the same; both equal roughly 4 cups.

(Message edited by jennewt on February 11, 2006)

I went back to the salt treatment page on Caudata Culture and further simplified the quote from the famous FAQ#43. I don't know what else could be done to make it easier to find this salt recipe. We can certainly appeal to John to put it in a more prominent location on the axolotl site.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back