White Axie developing black stripe on back???

K

kim

Hello - Ive had my axie since the 24th of December and only recently i have noticed that one has started to develop a dark line along her back? What could this be? Please help

white as in albino? if so this is a problem. im guessing to mean leucistic though (white with black eyes). nothing to worry about there, its a natural thing for them to get some 'freckles'. have a look around in the pic section, youll see lots there!

One of our leucistics has a dark line down its back, it gets darker as it grows/ages; also the dirtiest looking face ever like its has been rolling in the mud/sand. The rest have very lightly speckled faces and just slight markings down backs.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back