Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Salt baths

S

sharn

ok, so ive been reading around here and alot of people do different salt/water ratios... some 1 tsp to 1L, some 2-3tsp to 1L, other 1tbsp- 1L.. i read the salt article but im not too smart with grams-L's

now for reference what one is it exactly?

p.s. any way of making this a sticky topic so newbies dont have to search all over the place for it? if we can maybe we could put in the directions for salt baths too?

S

sarah

im using 1 teaspoon of aquarium salt to 1l of water and its working fine
happy.gif

J

jeff

well Sharn, we could ask John or someone to add a salt bath ratio or link at the bottom of the page! That would be nice!

E

edward

Depending on the type of salt used (grain size for example), there will be some differences when trying to convert a volume (such as a teaspoon or a tablespoon)as compared to a weight (grams). The weight is much more consistant that the volume hence the use of weight in the articles.
Ed

J

jennifer

The axie FAQs (#43) recommend 10 minutes once or twice per day in 2-3 teaspoons table salt per liter/quart of water. Indeed, this information should be moved to a more obvious location.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1