Skin shedding off tail - Tail bent - Help?

M

melissa

I now have a problem of that my black & 1 wild coloured one are shedding skin off their tails & their tails are bend around, plus my other wild coloured one has a bent tail too but no skin shedding, i understand bent tail is stress, do you thing salt baths & placing in fridge is the way to go?

thanks mel

I want to add some pics some are clear some are a little blurred maybe they can help.

51472.jpg

the black has one dot of white on his back, both have shedding tails & bent tails, the wild colour is stressed gills forward facing.

I have done salt bath & placed both in the fridge.

Can anyone give me instructions on the fridge & salt thingy so i make sure i'm doing it right, I presume the salt water would have to be same temp as the water in fridge?, How often do you need to do water changes in the fridge? Does the fridge need to be at a certain temp? Is it best to leave in the fridge til there is no more signs or fungus?

water quality? ammonia, nitrIte, nitrAte levels?

Are you aware that axies like other amphibians <u>do</u> shed skin normally, they just tend to eat it before most people notice?

What type of filtration are you using? Have you checked that the water flow isn't too fast?

(Message edited by j4782 on January 08, 2006)

I have answered your questions in your other post. "sick axolotl - fungus on gills"

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back