Very Sick Axy

S

sade

Help i has 2 sick axys with fungus like cotton wool all over them i have read the forum and every one says salt water bath or fridge but no one says how are we talking table salt or aqua salt and if so what quantaty and as for the fridge i take it people mean in water with a lid on?

Hi Sade, welcome to the forum
happy.gif

An Axolotl can be kept in the fridge for a very long time.

Make sure you keep change water in the fridge with the axolotl, because you do not want a dramatic change in temp when the water is dirty and you have to change it.

An ice cream bucket works great as a container. Stress coat is best to use with sick axolotls. It has aloe in it and most of here on the forum I think use it. Any food safe container will work as a container, but make sure it has a lid with holes poked into it. You can put a dark wash cloth over the top of the lid to help keep light out as the fridge light will scare your healing axolotl.

Hope this helps. Please don't hesitate to ask if you have more questions, we are glad to help
happy.gif

cheers rehann looks like it may be the fridge for my axys if the salt dont work

Hi Sade,
My axie has the same fungus(umong other things). So I've got her living in the fridge as well as salt bathing her 2-3 times a day. Give that a go and hopefully all will fall together for you.
Jodi

I recommend using the fridge and salt baths in conjunction, as Jodi mentioned.

Good luck!

hi i've just got up and realise that one of my axys has lost the use of it's front leg can someone help me please

bad news on my axi one has died but i have found out that the fluff type stuff around them isnt fungus it is there skin peeling as the ph levels were way to acidic
uhoh.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back