Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Thank you! your site saved my stewy!

J

jasmine

my stewy was swollen in the tummy, but after reading a few things on this site, i took him out of the tank and put ice in the water and he's pooed 7 stones so far and is looking better! I think i need to use sand instead of stones, and i need to keep the tank cooler! thank you so much for what i've learned! and for saving stewy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

sharn

yay!! good for you jasmine... lets hope he keeps going in the right direction

C

casey

Well done jasmine, and stewy!

Expect to see more gravel come out though, I had my axie in a tank with gravel for about a month, since she'd been out of that tank she'd passed over 20 pieces of gravel - i've lost count!

She's doing much better now, though.

J

jasmine

my god!!! he's passed 23 stones in two days! he looks so much better, i've returned him to his tank that now has sand...
rofl.gif

andrew

Reaction score
Expect to see the occasional stone appear for the next six months or so.

Some gravel manages to sit in their gut for ages.

Its good to hear stuey is better. All the best for the future.

J

jennifer

These are the kind of comments that warm my heart and show that this site has a worthwhile mission. Thanks for posting, Jasmine, and good luck with stewy!

J

joan

Jennifer, maybe you could make an article with good stories in addition to the article with horror stories.

C

charlotte

exactly. this site has made me learn so much. everyone who wishes to learn about the axolotl or even decides owning one should come here because there is so much stuff that is not mentioned in books that is critical to an axoltols health.
happy.gif

wow that was sappy.
biggrin.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1