Please help

C

chris

have 2 mature & 1 youg juvinile in my tank.All was well til this dumb weather & now my female just wants to float to the top all the time.She is what you'de call a really good eater usually but since doing this she grabs the food & spits it out.Also notice she doesn't seem to close her mouth properly not wide open but usually it'e hard to see her mouth at all but now it is quite distict.I put her in the fridge last night & she seemed heaps better in the morning but now she has gone back to floating againthe water temp is around 25 but the other two seem fine...by the way this is the one who got an enourmous rock stuck in her mouth not long ago..I have since put sand in the tank.she is also sometime swimming crazy around the tank with her head out of the water like she want to jump out.can someone give me any ideas or should I just keep my eye on her????

did you post this in another place? it rings a bell.. maybe i didnt answer it. my guess is the temperature. 25 is rather high, id suggest putting them all in the fridge will the weather cools down a bit, or move them to a cooler part of the house ie basement if you have one, garage etc

u prob saw it on newbie page thought i'd post here too was kinda desperate ..thanks for your advice appreciate it....

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back