BLOOD FOUND!!

H

hailz

Ok, i went home today and i've finally convinced mum to let me put Lulu in the fridge as she still isnt herself and doesnt eat much. And i checked on her about 15 mins after being in the fridge and i found a mucus type stuff (which was clear) mixed with blood.i assumed she'd pooped this out, so i changed her water and then checked again 15 min later and found a smaller amount again but it was coming from her nostril!! i can only think it must be something in her head that caused the bleeding? (obviously) she's hasent injured her head as far as i know, she's been in an container for almost a month on her own.She's a white albino but she's really pink at the moment and very skinny. im so worried i've lost 2 of my adults i dont want to lose her to. has anyone experienced this before? any ideas what i can do? she's still in the fridge. PLease help!

I have an albino axie too. His name is shadow. he hasn't been him self either and has turned pink, he has gotten really skinny and i don't know whats wrong with him, but i haven't put him in the fridge because my mum and dad don't think its a good idea because they think he might stress out because of the temperature change. I live in Australia, It's hot right now.

Looby, I recommend starting your own thread so people will see your post.

Hailz, the best spot for her is in the fridge. I've never heard of anything like that, and am not sure exactly what goes on in axolotl nostrils. But you know how if the air is dry, you'll get a bloody nose? That's from irritated membranes in the nose. Maybe the cold and the new water irritated her and she's bleeding a bit. She'll be quite pink when she's in the fridge. Just keep trying to feed her.

Ok, i checked on her this morning and she is not as pink as yesterday and she seemed a little more relaxed. i didnt find anymore blood though so thats got to be a good thing. I'll take her out this arvo and let her warm up and see if she's hungry. i let you know how i go. thanks heaps for your help.

i couldnt get her to eat, so i've put her back in the fridge till the weekend and ill try again. she's very pink but she has these small areas/patches where she is white? is this normal? she also has a...wart? i guess you'd call it on her knee on her back leg. she's had this for a while, i just thought i'd mention it incase it gave a clue as to what wrong with her. i'll take some photos of the pink and white patchy bits today hopefully. how long can she stay in the fridge?

i think the axolotl colony people keep theirs in there for up to a month i think (if i remember rightly)

i removed her from the fridge on the weekend in hopes that i could get her to eat, she was out of the fridge for around 24 hrs and refused all the food i offered.i found her the next morning, she's gone
cry.gif
i dont know what happend to them.....i'm so dissapointed and i feel so guilty because i couldnt save them.
sad.gif

So sorry to hear that Hailz, but please don't feel guilty. I doubt that there was much else you could do to save her.

She's with her friends now, in Axie heaven.

Just think, she had a wonderful life with you as a parent.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
  • Unlike
    sera: @Clareclare, +1
    Back