Why?

I

iftach

my larvas died and i have no idea why so i will tell you what happened:
i took them out of the tank and i put them in a small container and i cleaned the tank.
after i cleaned the tank i put them in feed them with brine shrimp which was with some salty water and i went away.
when i came 2 hours later i found that two of my larvas are flouting so thought there was something wrong so i checked if they are dead and they were not so i went away again for two hours.
when i came back two of them were dead and bent.
so i took the 2 life ones and put them in the small container and the day after they were dead as well.
please tell me whats wrong.

was the tank aerated? i don't know for sure but that could be a cause of death, i think. I don't know much about breeding so i think its best to get a second opinion.

sometimes it just happens like that, it could have been a number of things

Did you rinse the brine shrimp well before feeding? If you dumped in excess salt, or they ate un-hatched eggs or egg casings, that could cause impaction and death.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back