Just a sore? i dont know......

S

shane

hey ive just noticed this sore on the underside of my male axolotl (pic). i dont know how he could have injured himself other than when he jumped out of the tank... but ive only just noticed it. i just hope it isnt some disease he has, does anyone know about anything that looks like that....
sorry the pics arent so clear it was the only time i was able to see under him. its smooth too.

44183.jpg

44184.jpg

(Message edited by shane_88 on September 29, 2005)

Looks like a scrape. Anything in his tank he could scrape himself on? It could have happened when he jumped out, that he injured himself and the skin has peeled away from the top of the wound just now.

there is nothing sharp in my tank but he might have scraped it on the log i have in the middle of the tank when he was scared if he was moving fast enough. im glad it doesnt look like anything other than a scrape. it looks clean too. thanks for such a fast reply.
happy.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back