SKIN INFECTION HELP *pic inside*

S

stipe

Help i just got a new golden albino axie today from a proper pet store. When I brought her home i noticed white blochy sports and patches all over her tail, legs and other places. Her gills arnt as fluffy and my white albino either, looks like it got chewed away by fishes. Shes only young around 5 months old and not sexualy mature or active. Can some one tell me wat it is!?!?!?!
43860.jpg

From what I can see on this photo, it´s the normal pigmentation of your axie skin and the gills seem to be ok.

Her gills on the other side look like they where knawed at by other fish, but at the shop she was only where the other axies where, no fish.

stipe - New animals should be kept in quarantine for at least 30 days before putting them in with existing animals.

It is hard to see in the picture if the large light colored patches are a fungus or part of its natural coloring.

The small shiny flecks are a normal part of its coloring though.

The gills are usually one of the things we see change when an animal is kept in poor water conditions.

It would probably be better to error on the side of caution and give the axolotl salt baths for a few days. Salt bath: 2 teaspoons of salt in 2 liters of water, twice a day for 10 min.

If you see the large blotches changing let us know.

i gave her one yester day. my axies dont fight, my white albino always follows her around like his lin love, its really cute. but they never fight. im going to give her more salt baths and i'll let you all know.
thanks

she looks alright now i think iots just her colout. im not worried any more, should i be?

You've had the new one for 2 days, I wouldn't be so sure they won't fight. I would also definately quarantine any new animals before introducing them. I quarantine mine for at least 60 days.

ok joan i'll take your advive and quaratine her in the spare tank for at least a month
happy.gif
. ive watched them for 3 days straight and no they dont fight. its a big tank i dont think they need to fight.

They fight for territory, or because one gets too close and the other thinks it's food. After 3 days, you are not able to make a judgement about whether or not they will fight. It WILL happen, as all axolotls lose some part of their anatomy at one point or another to a tank-mate.

thanks for the advice but shesw in quaritine, for now.
thanks alot.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back