Hi

megan

Reaction score
Country
United States
Display Name
Megan Wright
leg problems!

Hi, as a new member, I really hope that you can help. I have kept axys for about 3 years now, learning as I went, so I am very glad to now be able to visit this forum for advice.

I have an adult male axy who was injured a while ago through receiving a bite to his leg. This healed, but he tends to drag the leg rather than use it. Any ideas?

(Message edited by sunshinemeg on September 22, 2005)

Sounds like it just healed wrong. Not much can be done about it really, unless you want to take his leg off, and see if he re-grows a better one... But I don't know who'd really want to do that.
sick.gif

One of mine has a funny back leg that she can't use because it healed wrong after an injury. It doesn't seem to bother her though.

I really dont want to hurt him. I thought when it happened that it would die back and then he would re-grow a better one, but he must have a fast healing mechanism cause it was healed in a few days, just seems he doesnt have much feeling with it. oh well. Thanks for the advice.

Don´t do anything to the leg, one of my axies have a strange leg too, he drag one of he´s leg and he have some trouble with his leg on the beginning but now he is used to it. that´s part of axies nature.

Im glad he isnt upset about it then. Thankyou for the advice. I am actually sat next to the tank while I write this, and he uses the leg while swimming, but when he walks he drags it. Interesting. Got to go feed them now! byee

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back