White spots on my axolotl

beka

Reaction score
Country
Australia
hi i stumbled across this forum looking for information on white spots on axolotls
i have had my first axolotl (trillian) for three months now, and she sems to have developed white spots on her tail, not furry but quite bright, she is a wild type coloured axy
she wasnt eating much and wasnt moving around like she had been so on the advice of a friend who works in a pet shop i treated her with melafix, the whiteness has not gone but she is much brighter moving around a lot and eating normally what should i do it seems to be getting worse?
thanks for any help

well i have a melanoid axie. he used to turn from black to a light brown when he get really stressed or when he was sick or just got done being sick. sometimes he's that color for no reason. but as long as he's eating and doesnt look or act sick i guess he's ok.

sometimes wild types have some white spots on their bodies it is normal.

i took some pictures could you tell me if its normal?
its the fact that it seems to be spreading that bothers me.
43142.jpg

43143.jpg

its on her tail(i think its a she)
and just cos she has a cute smile
43144.jpg

What do you feed your axie? White spots can be fat deposits on the skin due to feeding a diet too high in saturated fat, but this takes a while to develop, and tends to show around the belly more than the tail.
All axies patterns and spots change as they grow older. From the pictures it just looks like part of his colorings. Can you get a clearer picture?

(Message edited by lisapie on September 15, 2005)

it gets fed a mix of frozen food called axolotl tucker which i get from the pet shop and dried pellet food also for axolotls.

its not too hot i live in nz and its pretty cold here tank is sitting today at 15'C

she eats fine and is happy enough i just want to know what it is.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back