Sick Axie? Suggestions wanted!

S

slash

Hey one of me axolotols has a growing black spot on his head and one of his nostrols has swollan up, any suggestions?

Slash - I too would like to see a picture if that is possible.

Until we can come up with an idea of what may be wrong with your axolotl I would suggest that you put your axolotl in a clean food safe container (with lid) of fresh dechlorinated water and put it in the fridge.

Please let us know if you are able to post a picture of its face and head.

Hey, it was very hard to get a clear photo, but this is the best I could do.

It looks like his nostrol has just swollon, it looks normal except its 4 times larger than it should be.
42629.jpg

the photo is not clear enough but what kind of sand or gravel do you have, cause I had a problem with my Kois, one of them had a piece of gravel up his nostrol, and I didn´t know what it was, after I discovered what it was I had to remove it with tweezers.
Try to get a better photo.

Slash - I would suggesting taking it to the vet. I can't really see the photo clearly but if it has an infection in or something up its nostril or both, you are probably going to need more help than we can offer.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back