Red Veins?

S

stacy

Hello. My 9 week old albino axie has like red veins upwards and downwards on its tail. Also I can see the same in his legs. Is this normal? There is no fungus, water is all good and it has a healthy appertite. Just a bit concerned if it could be stress.
Stacy.

Hi

I think thats a sign of illness
sad.gif
My axie had loads when she was sick...they do go away when they are better though.

I'm sure Cynthia Gardner told me what they meant but for the life of me I can't remember.

Sorry not much help - someone on here will know

I can see some veins on my leustic as well, but i can see his insides as well so i dont think hes ill, i dont know about the 9 week old axie mine is way older. Pictures would help or perhaps someone else who has expereince raising babies.

(Message edited by solaris on August 03, 2005)

Hey stacy, are the veins visible all the time? my albino gets the same thing, usually after she has eaten or she is excited and has been moving around a bit.

I havent noticed it before. Only this morning. The temp of the water is 18 degrees celcuis. I saw the veins after it had brekky this morning. Maybe it is because it is transparent. (I do loathe calling it an it.lol.)

Stacy - As others have said you can usually see the veins in white and some gold axolotls all the time.

Hayley - I had asked you about the veins in your axolotl because it was ill. I wanted to make sure you were just seeing "normal veins" and not veins that suddenly came out large and red.

I had a young axolotl become ill and it quickly developed very bright very large veins showing through its side and its tail. It was floating and unable to keep itself up right. It apparently had an infection and died very quickly.

(Message edited by cynorita on August 03, 2005)

Yes, I think you are right Cynthia. I had a closer look at the smaller ones and you can just see the veins.

Oh okay!

I think on Elsa it was a sign of illness because usually you can't see them.

Now she is better you can't see them at all.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back