Bloated axie????

M

monica

Hey guys,
My albino axie has a rather large tummy!! I noticed it two days ago but figured he was just
getting more than his fair share of the food. Now.....His belly is rather odd shaped...kind of comes to a point at the bottom. I'm going to place him in a container with fresh water and place him in the fridge. Any ideas on what this could be or what else I could do??

Hey Monica,
happy.gif
Did you get my last email? I have no idea what the tummy thing is, can you get a picture of it and post it? People may be able to tell what it is from a picture.

Dev--oh no, the spine is straight. The tummy just looks like ....it swallowed a photo corner. That's the best I can describe it. It's an odd shaped tummy that does not look normal at all.

Rheanne--And I can't post a pic, the camera is acting up. Of all times!!

I placed him/her in the fridge and I'm just waiting to see if she passes something. I hope things turn out alright.
sad.gif

She's been in there all day now and nothing....How long should I and can I keep her in there?

Hey Monica, You're axie should be fine if you leave her in the fridge. I leave my fridge on normal temp when they are in there. You can leave her in there up to a week, and she will be alright
happy.gif
I hope this helps. I hope she gets better soon! Is she getting any better? Is she eating?

my female axie has a slight 'point' on the bottom of her belly too but its normal on mine. not sure if i have a pic showing this but ill have a look. brb.
back! found a pic that you can kind of see it.is this the same thing? because if it is, then i havent been worrying about it because my axies dont have anything they can swallow and get stuck in their belly.hope this helps at all.
40004.jpg

That's exactly it! Yeah mine didnt have anything to swallow in their tanks either which puzzled me even more. I was thinking i had feed her too much and I broke her!!
frog.gif

It's hot around here so I'll just keep her in the fridge till things cool off.
Thanks so much Claire! *Big Hug

Just when I think I've seen it all... Axies with pointy stomaches - what next?
shocked.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back