Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Gills trouble

R

reiko

At the yesterday morning, I found a blood cell to gills of my axolotl. It was a form like a balloon, size of 1 mm in diameter.
Please teach me what causes it is and the better treatment.

Sorry, my English may be strange�E�E�E
36939.jpg

S

sharn

yeah man i had one of them on my leucy who i got when he was sick. is yours sick? i just salt bathed him and it went away. finally! someone got a pic of it! so yeah, salt baths id go with them

A

anne-marie

Hmm, never seen one of those before. Looks like it would just go down on its own. As Sharn said, salt bath and refrigerate. Could it be like an axolotl bruise?

G

grant

Looks like some minor internal bleeding that didn't break the surface, so yea kind of like a bruise. If that is what it is it would go down on its own. I would give him a salt bath and refrigerate. Check in other posts to learn how if you don't already.

J

joan

It looks as if it's a small aneurysm, a bubble of blood in the gill. I wouldn't worry about it. Axolotls are pretty good at healing themselves.

R

reiko

Thank you very much for your kindness.
A bruising, an internal bleeding, may be an aneurysm¥¥¥
I see. Now, I understand he was bruised by a stone or a pot something like that.
I just remembered that I also found a water thermometer having come off in the morning.
It means some axolotls fought in a water tank.
(I put four axolotls and big flat stone 3 in 60 ‡p water tanks.)
So, he may have been hurt by an accident at that night.
I do independent breeding only for him and keep water temperature 20�Ž now.
About the salt bath¥¥¥I have never been try it(I am just a little bit afraid), so I get information at the other posts, after that I will try it.
Anyway, I will report his recovery.

¥¥¥Thank you for your cooperation with my lazy English.
love.gif

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1