Red tail and red spot please help!!!

K

kungfoi

i have my first two axies for 15 days.i keep them in little plastic tub first week is ok but they grown a lot[now they are about 4 inch] they produce a lot of waste. i have no choice because i have to keep them in aircon room while waiting for chiller so when i got a chiller i can move them to a bigger tank but now i have to keep them in little plastic tub for more 2-3 days.temperature is about 23-24,25 they eat a lot everything look fine except their tail have been so red for 2 days, there are little red spot on their skin, their blood vessel are so red i don't know are they sick or not? what i can do can i do salt bath? are they too young to do salt bath[they only 4 inch]?how much salt i have to put in if i have to do salt bath? please help i don't want to lose them i really love them and if i lost them i can't buy it in thailand coz it's so expensive[about 300 dollar or 15000 baht].thank you and very sorry for bad english.
cry.gif

35760.jpg

in the circle is red spot and in the picture u can see very red tail.

35772.jpg
this is another axy.they are so cute i don't want them to die i love them.

It's because they are too hot. I'd put them in the fridge until the chiller comes and you can reduce the temp of their tank.

yep. mine do that when its really hot. i had the little spot on my biggest girl and it went away once the weather got cooler. try and keep them a bit cooler and just keep an eye on them to make sure nothing else happens or it gets worse

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back