Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

My female is really really really fat!!

H

heather

lately i have been feeding them less, but i have just noticed that cathrine looks really really fat...she has never been this fat before, How come she is so fat?......Im a little worried about her
errr.gif
is there any reason to be? i nolonger have rocks in the tank but her stomach looks like it has some big bulges and oh it looks kinda scary
shocked.gif
i dont know whats going on with her

D

dave

Pebbles, stones etc can take some time to pass through. They shop i got my first axie from kept them on small stones and it took about a month or 2 to get rid of them all. How long ago did u remove the stones? As ben said it could be eggs

M

mik

Heather, remind us how old she is. The females sometimes body up when really approaching sexual maturity - 1 year.

Check out the piccy below. Psylocke is wonderfully rounded - melanoid at bottom of piccy. I'm glad to say the female wildtype and the female leucisitc are now both filling out to same shape.

23203.jpg

H

heather

Catherine is only 6/7 months old, thats why i was a little freaked out i did think she would be mature at such a young age

H

heather

I have a few piccys of her that arent that good, but you can still see her belly. these pics are before it got really big and it has actually gone down a bit

23235.jpg

23236.jpg

(Message edited by jennewt on September 23, 2004)

B

benjamin

How big is she. Do you have any pictures of her recently?

H

heather

i took these like a week ago
as i said she doesnt look as fat any more and she got fat after i took out the stones

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1