Caudata.org: Newts and Salamanders Portal

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!
Did you know that registered users see fewer ads? Register today!

Anchor worms getting nasty - fungus invaiding

A

amy

my axies have had anchor worms for about 6 months now and to be honest, theyre really starting to tick me off big time. at first they were just a neusence and now theyre getting really nasty and evil looking with all their fluff around where it meets my axie. ive tried loads of treatment and am in the middle of using lifebearer at half the stated dose for twice the length of time. is this fluff symbolic of the fact that they might be dying as i have never seen it before with other treatments or anything? should i be doing salt baths or anything for them too to help the fungus or just leave it? thanks for your help.
happy.gif

C

cynthia

I never see white fluff as a good sign. I would do salt baths.

I do not know if Axolotls can be treated with Dimilin but it works well on fish.

Active Ingredients:
Diflubenzuron: N-{[(4-chlorophenyl}amino}carbonyl)2,6-difluarobenzamide 0.10%.
**Attention**
Due to shipping restrictions this product can not be shipped to California, New Hampshire or Canada. The state of New Hampshire considers this product a restricted use pesticide and as such, only certified pesticide applicators would be allowed to purchase and use this product. The manufacturer will not seek to register and get approval to ship to this state. This product has not and will never be registered in Canada, so shipping this product across the border would be in violation of Canadian laws. The state of California has approval pending, it may be confirmed by the end of the year 2003. Any questions feel free to contact the manufacturer Aquarium Pharmaceuticals at 800-847-0659 in Pennsylvania.

Does anyone know if they can be treated with this?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1