Please help

N

nathan

Hi,
Chloe hasn't eaten for two days now, I tested the PH levels in the tank and they are at neutral and ammonia level is at zero.
I did a 30% water change a week ago now and she has been fine up to the last 2 days.
She looks fine, her gills are bright red only she has stuff hanging from parts of her, not fungus or anything, looks like clear strands maybe skin shedding? or dirt? and she hasn't eaten for 2 days, water temp has been a bit high lately around 20 degrees average but no signs of stress, although aren't they supposed to eat more in warm weather??? thanks

Do you have nitrite and nitrate test kits as well? If you can have your water tested for those as well, you may find something there.

Sorry, I wish I could be of more help
sick.gif

Nate, you shouldnt worry so much! although it has been warm in their tank, and they are supposed to eat more in warm weather, two days isn't bad. Axols are known to go longer without eating, mine do and its always warm over here, Chloe is probably just not hungry.
As for the skin problem it probably has to do with the chemicals in her water, like Leah said try and do some more tests on the tank, it might be that also.
Hope i helped and good luck with Chloe

Nate, is the water flow significant in the tank? This can cause that sort of behaviour.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Shane douglas:
    with axolotls would I basically have to keep buying and buying new axolotls to prevent inbred breeding which costs a lot of money??
    +1
    Unlike
  • Thorninmyside:
    Not necessarily but if you’re wanting to continue to grow your breeding capacity then yes. Breeding axolotls isn’t a cheap hobby nor is it a get rich quick scheme. It costs a lot of money and time and deditcation
    +1
    Unlike
  • stanleyc:
    @Thorninmyside, I Lauren chen
    +1
    Unlike
  • Clareclare:
    Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus Japanese . I'm raising them and have abandoned the terrarium at about 5 months old and switched to the aquatic setups you describe. I'm wondering if I could do this as soon as they morph?
    +1
    Unlike
    Clareclare: Would Chinese fire belly newts be more or less inclined towards an aquatic eft set up versus... +1
    Back